Manufacturing organizations in Maryland looking to upgrade their operations and gain a competitive edge could receive a welcome boost through government funding.
The Industry 4.0 Technology Grant and Fund (TGF) will allocate $10 million annually to manufacturers to invest in Industry 4.0 cutting-edge technologies to increase productivity and efficiency, improve sales, and enhance the quality of products.
The Department of Commerce plans to begin accepting applications for the TGF on July 15, 2023. The application window will close in mid-October 2023 and awardees will be announced by December 2023.
Industry 4.0 Technology Grant Requirements and Criteria
The TGF will award grants to small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) manufacturers in the state that have been operating for more than a year to invest in Industry 4.0 technologies such as:
- Advanced sensor integration
- Embedded software system applications
- Robotics and autonomous equipment that collect data
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and data analytics software
- Cloud computing and cybersecurity solutions
- Artificial intelligence for continuous improvement of efficiency and productivity
- The infrastructure required to implement a qualifying technology
Grants of at least $25,000 and up to $500,000 will be awarded on a competitive basis based on:
- The proposed project’s alignment with the adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies
- The applicant demonstrated an overall commitment to, or strategy for, Industry 4.0 technology adoption
- The demonstrated positive impact of Industry 4.0 technologies on the applicant’s business operations and competitiveness
- The ability of the organization to match a percentage of the awarded funds
An outsourced IT partner can help answer your questions and develop a path forward. From strategic IT planning to grant writing, our Technology Advisory team possesses the technical expertise and proven experience to help you compete for funding. Let’s start crafting your proposal today.
Build a Comprehensive Grant Proposal with SC&H: Time is Limited
Our Technology Advisory team is assisting manufacturers in creating a compelling grant proposal. The sooner you get started, the quicker you maximize your odds for success.