Many manufacturers lack the time and resources to implement the technology upgrades they need to stay competitive. Until now. On May 8, 2023, Governor Wes Moore signed a bill approving the Manufacturing 4.0 Technology Grant Program and Fund to help small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) Maryland-based manufacturers invest in Manufacturing 4.0 technology and drive competitive growth in a globalized market.
The program will allocate $1 million in funds in fiscal years 2024 through 2028. While this grant pool remains the same as the first round of funding earlier this year, the awards are much larger for awardees—at least $25,000 and up to $500,000. Which means the competition will be much fiercer. Especially since we anticipate only 12-15 manufacturers will be awarded.
Application Timeline and Rules of Engagement
Our contact at the Department of Commerce has provided us with early access to the following information:
- July 1, 2023: The application and rules of engagement will be released to the public.
- August 7, 2023: The Department of Commerce begins accepting submissions, Apply Here.
- October 18, 2023: Application deadline.
- December 31, 2023: Awards will have been announced.
Grants will be awarded based on a company’s ability to craft an actionable implementation plan, show a commitment to Industry 4.0 technology, and clearly articulate the positive impact of the proposed project. Building a detailed proposal of this scale requires significant time and resources. If you’re interested in pursuing this grant, the clock is already ticking.
Build a Comprehensive Grant Proposal with SC&H: Time is Limited
Our Technology Advisory team is assisting manufacturers in creating a compelling grant proposal. The sooner you start, the quicker you maximize your odds for success.
Additional Significant Information About TGF
- 80% of the grant money will be awarded to medium-sized manufacturers with up to 250 employees
- 20% of the grant money will be awarded to small manufacturers with less than 50 employees
- Companies must demonstrate the ability to match a predetermined percentage of awarded funds (and meet eligibility requirements)
- 3-50 employees have a 25% match requirement (grants up to 75% of total project costs)
- 51-250 employees have a 50% match requirement (grants up to 50% of total project costs)
- Awardees must demonstrate the success of their project to receive the full grant award
- Awardees will receive 50% of their grant money at the notice of award and the remainder will be provided upon completion with proof of receipts
Secure Your Tech-Forward Future With SC&H Group
In a fiercely competitive grant environment, your application must stand out. By partnering with our experienced team of CIO-level technology advisors, you will gain strategic IT planning, grant writing support, and the technical expertise needed to drive success in four critical areas:
#1 Articulate Your Technology Needs Clearly and Concisely
As IT experts, we’ll analyze your technology issues, propose solutions, and guide you in aligning technology initiatives with your business goals. Learn more in the video below.
Ready to get started? Talk with an Expert
#2 Build a Compelling Business Case with a Competitive Edge
Our expert advisors will help create a compelling business case for securing the grant you need. “It’s not sufficient to simply say your business needs updated technology,” says Sarah Sedlak, Vice President at SC&H Group. “Applicants must prove why particular tech initiatives are important to their business, how it fits into their overall plan, and what ROI it will bring for their business.” Our team excels at this.
#3 Prepare an Application that Meets All Requirements
Leverage our connections at the Department of Commerce for seamless application assistance. We’ll provide you with a meticulously crafted application that follows industry best practices, helping to position your business ahead of the competition. We have the requirements checklist, and we’re ready to get to work for you.
#4 Leverage Implementation Support After the Grant is Awarded
With the grant in hand, SC&H becomes your dedicated IT support for smooth project deployment. “The Department of Commerce emphasizes the need for a skilled technology team with relevant experience, but many businesses lack this expertise,” says Sedlak. Since the government intends to closely monitor these projects—and could withhold part of the funds if targets are not achieved—you don’t want to leave your success up to chance.
Start Building Your Proposal Now With SC&H
Leverage Cutting-Edge Technology with Government-Funded Upgrades
Craft a competitive proposal to secure the funds you need with the professional guidance and support of our Tech Advisory team.