Top 5 Cybersecurity Predictions for 2015 and Beyond
April 21, 2015 - By: SC&H Group
With an ever-expanding threat landscape being fostered by faceless criminals, today’s companies and organizations are dealing with some of the most significant cybersecurity challenges to date.
From healthcare to retail to financial services, every industry sector is at risk of being targeted by cyber criminals. One breach could have a wide-range of legal, risk management, technological, and insurance-related ramifications.
While no one has a crystal ball, it is possible to predict key areas that need to be addressed by financial and operational executives. Here are SC&H Group’s top predictions on what IT security issues – and solutions – will have the greatest impact on business operations in 2015 and beyond:
- The Increasing Human Error Challenge: We will see an increase in data breaches due to human error. Managing IT security will come down to educating teams on the best possible approaches.
- A Rise in IT Risk Assessments: More and more organizations will be taking advantage of IT risk assessments, which not only play a major role in ensuring that technology truly supports business goals and objectives, but also help provide an assessment of potential cyber vulnerabilities.
- Cloud Services Vulnerabilities: The use of cloud-based services will continue to rise. Educating employees on the right approaches for using cloud-based services is vital. In addition, these services are far more secure than anything on a local server or desktop – but education still needs to be a top priority.
- Data Breaches Impacting Valuations: With M&A activity rebounding, we will see security breaches impacting the valuations of companies. It only takes one cyber incident to cause a prospective buyer to reconsider purchasing your company.
- A Rise in Cyber Insurance: As cyber incidents continue to rise, more business leaders and board members will look to reduce risk by embracing cyber insurance.
Is your company fully prepared to defend against – or respond to – a cyber attack? On April 22, SC&H Group is hosting a cybersecurity seminar in Northern Virginia that will explore the largest cyber risks that companies face today – and how to best protect your organization from potential threats.
The seminar will offer information technology, insurance, and legal insights to help any company be as prepared as possible in today’s new cyber threat landscape. To register for this event, click here.