Federal Agencies: Are You Achieving DATA Act Compliance?
July 22, 2015 - By: SC&H Group
A year ago, Congress passed the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014, or the DATA Act. Since then, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the Department of the Treasury have taken important first steps towards creating a more data driven government – ultimately bringing the DATA Act to life. This includes the development of standards and ways to streamline and make federal spending data more valuable.
As a result, many federal agencies are looking for more practical information on the effective use of standards for complying with the DATA Act. To help with this, next week there will be a practical, 60-minute webinar, on how agencies can achieve greater efficiencies while implementing DATA Act requirements enabled by standards.
Thomas Hood, XBRL lead in SC&H Group’s Hyperion EPM and Oracle BI Consulting practice, will be a panelist on an upcoming webinar about the DATA Act implementation for government agencies. Topics that will be addressed in this webinar include:
- What common process problems the DATA Act is designed to solve
- Data standards and how they meet DATA Act requirements
- Case study: what an implementation looks like
- What’s in it for you: case studies from the FDIC and Standard Business Reporting (SBR) for government
- What you can do next
“With the recent passage of the DATA act and the momentum around XBRL and Standard Business Reporting (SBR) it’s critical for organizations and agencies to begin formulating a strategy to remain on the forefront of financial reporting, regulatory compliance and transparency,” said Thomas.
The webinar will be held from 1PM ET – 2PM ET on Tuesday, July 28, 2015. This is the first of 3 webinars. The second and third webinars will be held in September and October 2015. The webinars are free and offer 1 CPE credit per session.
Additional panelists include:
- Herschel Chandler, Managing Principal, Information Unlimited, Inc, data standard expert
- Eric E. Cohen, XBRL Global Technical Leader, PwC
- Christina Ho, Executive Director for Data Transparency, U.S. Treasury
- Tom Hood, CEO, Maryland Association of CPAs
- Mark Montoya, Chief of Data Strategy, FDIC
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to gain more practical information on the effective use of standards for complying with the DATA Act. To sign up today, click here.
Later this week, panelist Thomas Hood will be discussing the webinar topics — such as how XBRL impacts the DATA Act and the future of XBRL and the federal government — in an exclusive SC&H Group podcast.