The Art of Tuning Oracle Essbase
December 20, 2013
As an industry-leading multi-dimensional online analytical processing (OLAP) server, many organizations depend on Oracle Essbase for its power, flexibility and reliability in reporting.
Essbase has stood the test of time by continually crunching data and delivering key reporting capabilities. However, despite its reliability, even Essbase needs to be fine-tuned from time-to-time.
Whether it’s improving declining calculation times or troubleshooting extended report retrieval requests, there is truly an “Art” to the “Science” of tuning Essbase.
Based on our years of practical client experience and testing in our internal development lab, SC&H has turned the “Science” of tuning Oracle Essbase into an “Art.” As a result, we have been able to develop an approach to troubleshooting Essbase performance issues and tuning Essbase to achieve maximum results.
In addition, SC&H can help organizations to:
- Analyze the Essbase outline to maximize performance
- Understand how to calculate and adjust cache settings to improve performance
- Understand the “Art” of the Evolving Hourglass on performance
- Use ASO vs. BSO cubes together to achieve desired performance
- Know the performance must-haves for your Essbase configuration file
- Understand impact of hardware on performance
- Develop best practices on performance tuning and testing
SC&H is an Oracle Platinum Partner, and its Business Performance Management (BPM) consulting team specializes in the effective and expeditious design, development, configuration, and implementation of multiple Oracle Hyperion EPM and BI solutions.