In the final part of the 2023 American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) webinar series sponsored by SC&H Capital, experts explore the complexities of selling a business in chapter 11 bankruptcy and the two methods to effectuate the sale: plans of reorganization and § 363 sales. Topics include:
- The advantages and disadvantages of each method and when each should be utilized
- The pros and cons of sale via a plan of reorganization from the perspective of customers, creditors, and debtors
- A comparison between plans of reorganization to § 363 sales, outlining timelines, the parties involved, and the level of court involvement
Whether you represent debtors, creditors, buyers, or are simply interested in learning more about the bankruptcy process, this discussion provides experts’ views of sales in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- William J. Rochelle, Editor at the American Bankruptcy Institute
- Geoffrey Richards, Head of Capital Structure Advisory, Raymond James
- Melissa Root, Partner, Bankruptcy and Restructuring and Managing Partner, Jenner & Block
About American Bankruptcy Institute
The American Bankruptcy Institute provides congressional leaders and the public with reporting and analysis of bankruptcy regulations, laws, and trends. With 18 different committees and more than 12,000 members in multi-disciplinary roles, ABI provides educational conferences, networking opportunities, and other events to strengthen relationships in the industry and develop leadership roles. To learn more, visit www.abi.org.