- This event has passed.
TEDCO Portfolio Workshop: Back To The Basics – Good Accounting & Finance Practices For Start-ups
March 1, 2016 @ 8:00 AM (EST) - 11:00 AM (EST)
Back To The Basics – Good Accounting & Finance Practices for Start-ups
This workshop is intended to help make you a smarter entrepreneur… A good accounting process and system can help you identify and track key metrics of your business REAL TIME to help you make better decisions. Plus, all investors and banks want to see your financial projections.
In the first part of the workshop, Mike Lynch and Jim Jenkins from SC&H Group will lead attendees through an educational presentation on:
- What do numbers mean? Our experts will take the group through a sample dashboard piece by piece and talk about what each metric or number means about the business, how it can inform decisions and translate into revenue projections for investors.
- Why even pre-revenue businesses need a good accounting system? How to determine “use of funds” for potential investors down the road.
- Potential accounting solutions: Bookkeeper vs. Quickbooks vs. excel
The second part of the workshop will feature a panel of investors, entrepreneurs and financial experts talking about variety of experiences and opinions on finance practices for startups. The panel will be moderated by Ann Quinn, Principal, Quinn Strategy Group and will include:
- Frank Dickson, TEDCO Maryland Venture Fund
- Joe Thomas, Chairman, President & CEO, Bay Bank
- Paige Cantlin, Founder & CEO, Full Society
- Laura Moore, Co-founder & CEO, DinnerTime
- Angelo Poletis, Principal, SC&H Group
The workshop is free for TEDCO portfolio companies and space is limited. Reserve your spot now!