- This event has passed.
California Real Property Tax Webinar
October 28, 2014 @ 12:00 PM (EDT) - 1:00 PM (EDT)
SC&H Group invites you to attend a complimentary webinar focusing on California Real Property Tax issues. This will be part three of a four part series. With the December 1st appeal deadline approaching, Rob Unkle, a key member of SC&H Group’s Real Property Tax Team, will provide a comprehensive overview of the California Real Property Tax system. In many ways, California is unique in comparison to most other states in how they administer property tax and how they assess property. This webinar will cover how California differs and provide insight as to how Taxpayers may be able to reduce their real property tax liability.
After attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand California specific assessment procedures such as Prop 13 and Prop 8 values, secured vs. unsecured rolls, supplemental assessments and escaped assessments
- Understand what constitutes a change of ownership
- Understand California Legal Entity Ownership Program (LEOP)
- Understand Assessment of Taxable Possessory Interests
- Simplify and streamline what can be a slow appeal process
The fourth and final part of the series will cover recent California cases and look forward to what changes may occur in the future.