Protect Your Company
- Avoid costly penalties and business disruptions due to Form I-9 non-compliance
- Verify that employees are authorized to work in the United States
- Ensure that Form I-9 records are accurate and complete
- Validate the Form I-9 is supported by proper documentation
- Enhance readiness for third party inspections
In today’s political climate, the risk of an employment eligibility review – either by U.S. Government officials or a business partner – is high. The best practice is to conduct regular Form I-9 reviews, and ensure that you are prepared.
Most employers know they are responsible for completing a Form I-9 for all new hires. Companies minimize risk when they provide a thorough and accurate Form I-9 as well as appropriate supporting records. If a U.S. Government audit reveals deficiencies in your records or process, you may be exposed to significant penalties including:
- Civil fines
- Criminal charges (when there is a pattern or practice of violations)
- Debarment from government contracts
- A court order requiring back pay to the individual discriminated against
- A court order requiring the employer to hire the individual discriminated against
Peace of Mind
SC&H Group’s Contract Compliance Audit experts review Form I-9s, supporting employee-provided List A, B, or C documentation, and Form I-9 process for any errors. Any deficiencies are corrected in order to move you towards more complete compliance.
A Form I-9 verification conducted by SC&H Group results in process improvements, documented instances of non-compliance for remediation, recommendations to improve contract language, and confirmation that your company is complying with legal and contractual obligations. We strive to exceed your expectations and provide a service that safeguards your productivity and future growth.