Episode 14: James Eaton, Principal — Tax
September 11, 2019
Role & Department: Principal, Tax
- As an SC&H newbie, why did he join the firm and how has it lived up to his expectations in the first few months? (0:59);
- His client service philosophy, “In every situation, do the right thing by the client.” (1:40);
- Discussing James’ most recent award recognition in receiving the AICPA’S Standing Ovation Award (2:31);
- Teaching accounting as an adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, and his favorite question he received from a student (3:13);
- His favorite accounting acronym — pretty much everything from the “QBI” series that came out of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (4:53).
- Breaking down his book-of-choice, Daniel Yergin’s “The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money, and Power” which chronicles the global pursuit of oil, money, and power and its affect on the current energy crisis (5:15).
Enjoy this episode with James Eaton.