How to Choose the Right Oracle Hyperion EPM Expert For Your Business [Podcast]
October 28, 2015
In the following podcast interview, Fran Burns and Harris Gofstein of SC&H Group’s Hyperion EPM and Oracle BI Consulting practice, discuss how to choose the right Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) expert for your business.
In an age of immediate and omnipresent data, organizations require Oracle’s Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) solutions to effectively execute, streamline, and optimize business processes on a global scale. Enterprises implement Oracle’s EPM applications to shorten the financial close, improve the timeliness and accuracy of data, and expedite planning and reporting cycles.
However, how can you maximize the return on your Oracle-Hyperion EPM investment? To fully leverage the suite of solutions, finance offices often work with experts who can transform the Oracle-Hyperion EPM suite into “one version of the truth” specific to their business goals and requirements.
When evaluating Oracle Hyperion EPM consulting experts, there are five key characteristics to carefully consider that will help your organization choose the right team.
- Proven Track Record: An experienced partner has a deep track record and knows that implementing Oracle Hyperion EPM is much more than a typical IT project. They understand – and appreciate – that implementation encompasses forecasting and planning processes, global consolidation efforts around the accounting close, and broader financial reporting initiatives.
- Team-Based Project Approach: Will the consultants work in teams on-site, will they be offshore, or will there be a hybrid approach with various independent contractors? The ideal partner will offer a detailed project approach to full adoption of the Oracle-Hyperion EPM solution, and will help facilitate internal change management.
- Due Diligence Requirements: How much upfront due diligence and discovery is done by the consulting firm to understand the objectives of the organization? Your Oracle Hyperion EPM partner must take time to gain a thorough understanding of your corporate needs and goals upfront. This will be the foundation to create a realistic, customized framework for success.
- Oracle Certifications and Partner Status: Is the potential consultant an Oracle Specialized Partner? Specialized partners meet stringent competency and business requirements, giving them in-depth product and industry knowledge to help clients navigate the sales cycle and deploy successful implementations. It is vital to make sure that you are working with an implementation team of trained and Oracle certified professionals.
- True Business Expertise: Does this partner have the true business expertise required to implement Oracle-Hyperion EPM solutions in a way that will provide meaningful results? It is one thing to hire an expert, but another to hire “the right” expert that will also add value. The team should consist of CPAs and MBAs who can provide a mix of accounting, business, finance, and best practices expertise.
The right partner will go above and beyond to not only provide the technical configurations necessary for a successful implementation, but also to offer valuable business insights and solve your immediate and long-term planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting challenges.
An internationally recognized Oracle Platinum Partner, SC&H Group’s Hyperion EPM and Oracle BI consulting practice helps global businesses leverage the power of Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence solutions.
Let’s discuss how we can help. If you are a global finance leader looking for an implementation partner that possesses all of the key characteristics outlined above, please contact us here.