How to Set Your Finances Up for Success in 2023
Whether seeking personal tax and finance best practices or business tax strategies, you’ve come to the right place. In this on-demand webinar, our tax and financial planning professionals review the latest tax legislation, 2022 year-end tax planning tactics, and strategies to minimize your tax liability in 2023.
For a downloadable PDF version of the presentation slides, please click here.
Stay informed and in control of your tax planning, preparation, and savings opportunities with these key takeaways:
- Consider Roth conversions now to take advantage of values in a down market and fill up the 22-24% bracket.
- Donation of appreciated securities can be powerful for achieving your charitable goals while preserving cash flow, receiving a current tax deduction, and avoiding future tax on capital gains.
- Before putting the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) behind you, take one more look to see if your business could qualify for these valuable credits.
- 2022 research and experimental expenditures are capitalized for tax purposes rather than deducted. A deduction is allowed for only 10% of these 2022 capitalized deductions based on amortization. Effectively, this accelerates tax payments in the 2022 tax liability. Given the hardships this creates, there’s a chance for legislation to walk this provision back.
Navigate to the Topic You Seek
- Individual & Financial Tax Planning [0:59]
- Andrew Thompson – Director
- Amanda Wilhelm – Principal
- Business Tax Planning [39:11]
- James Eaton – Director
- Lori Burghauser – Principal
- R&D Update: Changes to Section 174 [1:05:42]
- Angelo Poletis – Principal
- Corporate Tax [1:19:10]
- Michael Bondi – Director
If you have questions about any of the topics shared in this video or about the decisions you should be making, please reach out to our team.